To save money on designer clothes, you want to have a clothing swap. But even the most prepared host can be troubled by creating party invitations that make your friends swoon, respond and want to swap.
Here’s what to include in your designer clothing swap party invitation wording and how to coax a rapid reply.1 -Gather a list of your invitees. 4 to 6 weeks before the clothing swap, get the attendees correct mailing addresses ( including the apartment numbers.)
2 -Use an online invite. Evite.com, paperlesspost.com and cocodot.com give free invitation designs and automatic reminders to help you manage the RSVP process fabulously and for free.
3- Time the party right. Invite guests to a mid-afternoon party to save tons of food and drinks. By having a 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. timeframe, you can skip the full menu. Instead, provide four to five snacks, cupcakes and drinks, and all of your guests will leave wearing a smile.
4 -Add the party particulars to the invitation. Include the date, time and location of the party on the front of the invite. Your invitation should tell your party guests when to arrive and the length of your swap party. Also add the clothing swap rules to the invitation. Sample rules may include:
- Bring clothing that is clean and no more than 3 season.
- All party participants must bring a minimum of 5 designer items (accessories, clothing, handbags, shoes) to the party.
- One item of clothing equals one swap ticket. You can claim one item per ticket.
- You cannot claim clothing until the Swap party starts.
- You have 30 minutes to browse all items before the swap starts
- If 2 or more women want the same clothing items, the hostess will flip a coin to decide the winner.
- At the end of the swap, leftover items can be donated to charity or given back to the original owner.
5- Include a reply by date on the invite. You don’t want to nag your friends, but you need to know who is coming to prepare for the swap.
6- Proofread the invitation. Once you have your swap party invitation wording, read it out loud 3 times to check for spelling mistakes and missed information.
7- Follow up with an email to help the RSVP stragglers. There will always be some friends who take forever to respond to an email or an invite. Send your friends an email reminder first, before following up with a phone call.